How We Live
Living life as a follower of Jesus can at times be very difficult and as ‘Jesus People’ it is so important for us to try and follow His example of showing love and compassion to all we meet and especially in our community where those who see us during the week and every Sunday can see Christian love in action. To enable us to do this, we seek to:
- Remain close to God in whatever situation we are in. To do this we encourage members and friends to read the Bible every day and talk to God in prayer. We also listen to him speaking to us through the pages of the Bible and through other people in the church.
Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God and pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requestsEphesians 6 v 17-18.
- Encourage one another. As Christians, it is so important to build each other up and to share one-another’s joys, excitements, fears and sadnesses. It is our duty as Christian people to do this whenever we meet.
If one part (of the body) suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honoured, every part rejoices with it1 Corinthians 12 verse 26.
- Support the work of the Church. We will endeavour to attend Sunday worship services, Bible teaching in all its forms whether this be at church, house groups or other meetings and we will meet to pray. We will give prayerfully and generously both of our money and our time.
Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously. Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion for God loves a cheerful giver2 Corinthians 9 verses 6-7.
- Serve the church and the community. All of us should serve God by using the gifts and talents we have been given. This will be in the life of the church or in communicating the love of Jesus through the activities we hold through which other people can come to know Jesus as their Lord and Saviour.
Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God’s grace in all its various forms1 Peter 4 verse 10.
- Support the Church Leadership. We recognise that God has placed people in positions of leadership within the church at Cadoxton. We recognise them, acknowledge them and submit to their authority unless that authority is used in a way that is contrary to Scripture.
It was he (Jesus) who gave some to be apostles, some to be prophets, some to be evangelists and some to be pastors and teachers to prepare God’s people for works of service so that the body of Christ may be built upEphesians 4 verses 11-12.
If there are ever any issues or debates between groups in the church, these will be resolved within the fellowship in a spirit of Christian love and in line with Scripture.
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listenEphesians 4:29.